Why choose Diving Sports?
All our charters are guided by experienced spearfishing guides with freedive training and years of spearfishing in the area
We Cover topics such as spearfishing safety, fish behavior, hunting techniques, spearfishing equipment handling, use and maintenance.
We demonstrate and explain the benefits, skills, techniques, and necessary rules of underwater hunting.
Get ready to meet new friends and gain an experience of a lifetime!
Join us on our spearfishing charter for two days of spearfishing and harvesting. All certified freedivers are welcome, regardless of spearfishing experience. Our professional team will guide you through spearfishing in our local waters, and inform you on target species and limits.
Prerequisites: PADI Freediver Certification or Equivalent Freediving Certification
Organizers: Achraf Oueslati & Chris Samson
- 2-day spearfishing charter off the coast of Ucluelet with Diving Sports owner Achraf Oueslati and Chris Samson.
- You can expect to encounter lingcod, rockfish, greenling, and other harvestable species like sea urchin and sea cucumber.
- The first day starts at 10 am and ends at 6 pm, and the second day starts at 8 am and ends at 4 pm. Breaks and boat transit times are included in the schedule. You can expect a total of 5 hours of spearfishing per day.
- Divers need no prior spearfishing experience, however, a freediving certification is required. Divers will be allowed to spearfish at a maximum depth of 15m.
- Divers must have all of their own gear or rent from Diving Sports, however, we are unable to rent spearguns.
- We recommend bringing a speargun between 75cm and 90cm, or a pole spear. You’ll also need a float/buoy and float line, fish stringer or mesh dive bag, mask, snorkel, fins, socks, gloves, weight belt, weights, dive knife, and a 7mm open cell wetsuit. Optional but recommended, dive computer and dive light.
- Trip price includes snacks, water, tea/coffee, soft drinks, and ice for your fish. Please bring your own cooler.
- Housing/lodging and meals are not included. However, we will provide snacks and drinks.
- There is nothing available for purchase on the boat, so we encourage you to bring your own gear and any spares you may need.
- Divers are required to have a valid fishing license with them for the duration of the charter.
- Divers must be 18 years of age or older, or a minimum of 16 years of age with a parent or guardian signature.
- Charters are weather dependent, and any cancellations or changes made at the fault of Diving Sports will result in a full refund, or you will be given the option to reschedule the charter for a later date.
- Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to the charter date will result in a full refund. Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the charter date but more than 14 days prior will result in a 50% refund. Cancellations made less than 14 days prior to the charter date are not eligible for a refund.